BEST ONLINE PRICE GUARANTEED

Checkin:

Checkout:


15% DISCOUNT FOR REGISTERED USERS.
PALACIO PINELLO PREMIUM. DISCOVER MORE EXCLUSIVE ADVANTAGES.

Hotel in Seville | Hotel Boutique Palacio Pinello

VISIT SEVILLE

CATHEDRAL

 

The Catedral de Santa María de la Sede de Sevilla is the largest Gothic cathedral in the world. Its construction began in the first third of the 15th century, after the demolition of the former great mosque of the city. The predominant style is Gothic, which in turn coexists with Renaissance, Baroque, Neoclassical and Neogothic structures, as the work continued over the centuries.

There are still a few remnants of the old mosque in the current Cathedral: the orange tree-clad courtyard, Patio de los Naranjos, and the Almohad minaret, converted to a Renaissance bell tower during the middle of the 16th century by Hernán Ruiz II; the well-known Giralda.

The building, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, contains works or great importance from authors like Juan Bautista Vázquez “The Old Fellow”, Duque Cornejo, Martínez Montañés, Zurbarán, Pedro de Campaña, Goya o Murillo, as well as the tombs of distinguished names as Fernando III “The Saint” or Cristóbal Colón.

It is also important to note that the main altarpiece of the Cathedral of Sevilla is considered one of the most important ones of the Christianity.

REALES ALCÁZARES

 

The Reales Alcazares de Sevilla are a group of palaces which form the oldest royal palace in Europe. Originally constructed during the Muslim era, these palaces were remodeled and expanded over the centuries adapting to new requirements. Recent studies place the first settlements of the city in this location and its surroundings.  The Alcázar de Sevilla is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

The predominant style is Mudejar, since the first remodeling occurred after the conquest of the city in 1248 by Fernando III. Expansion and remodeling works in Renaissance and Baroque styles took place subsequently.

Some of the characteristic elements of the building are the Patio de las Doncellas, the façade of the palace of Pedro I, the dome of the Salón de los Ambassadors, and the vast gardens of the palaces.

ARCHIVES OF THE INDIES

 

The building of the Archivo General de Indias was built at the end of the 16th century by Juan de Minjares over a design previously made by Juan de Herrera, architect of San Lorenzo del Escorial, in a Renaissance style.

After the voyages of Columbus, Seville happened to become the only port allowed to trade with America, delivering great benefits to the city and turning into the most important harbour of its era. Due to these facts, many traders and merchants got together around the harbour and, for that matter, the king Felipe II ordered the construction of this building for them and to store all the documents concerning the voyages to the American continent.

The Archivo de Indias is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Plaza de España

 

Its construction began in 1914 to become the main building of the Ibero-American Exhibition of 1929, which took place in Seville. The architect was Aníbal González, who accomplished one of the most important works of the Regionalist style. The construction symbolizes the embrace of Spain to its ancient colonies, while looking towards the Guadalquivir River as a symbol of the way to America.  The building is filled with national emblems (badges, distinguished personalities, etc.) You can also enjoy it on a boat ride along its 1600 ft (500 m) canal.

The Plaza de España has also been used as a setting for films, such as Lawrence of Arabia or Star Wars Episode II: The Clone Wars.

María Luisa PARK

 

The Parque de María Luisa is the most well-known park in the city. This space was part of the gardens attached to the Palacio de San Telmo until 1893, when the Duchess of Montpensier gave it away to the city for the construction of a public garden. The park, designed by the landscapist Forestier, opened its gates in 1914.

This magnificent garden was part of the above-mentioned Ibero-American Exhibition of 1929, with buildings within the park like the Plaza de España. Another space within the park dedicated to this kind of act is Plaza de América, where the Pabellón Real, Pabellón Mudéjar (nowadays, Museum of Popular Arts and Customs) and the Pabellón de Bellas Artes (current Archaeological Museum) are located.

Bull ring of la Real Maestranza de Caballería

 

The bullring of Sevilla is considered one of the most important ones in the bullfighting world, and counts on one of the most famous events to that matter: La Feria de Abril.

Its construction began in 1749, being one of the oldest bullrings in Spain. With its late Baroque style, it’s considered one of the most beautiful ones in the country. A museum about the history of bullfighting can be visited within its walls.

GOLDEN TOWER

 

La torre del Oro formaba parte de la defensa del Alcázar, al que se unía mediante una muralla. Su construcción se llevó a cabo en tres fases: el primer cuerpo en 1220, el segundo cuerpo en el siglo XIV y su remate en 1760.

Existen leyendas sobre el origen de su nombre, sin embargo no hay nada que nos diga si son ciertas. Una dice que estaba recubierta por azulejos de color dorado, otra cuenta que recibe el nombre “del Oro” porque en ella se guardaban las riquezas que llegaban de América a través del Guadalquivir. La más probable es que recibiera este nombre desde su construcción por el material que se utilizó, que le daba un aspecto dorado y hacía que se reflejase en el río.

COLLEGIATE CHURCH OF EL DIVINO PASTOR

 

The Iglesia del Salvador was built on an ancient Muslim great mosque, which was settled on Roman and Visigothic constructions. The Baroque architecture houses Baroque treasures such as the main altarpiece, or the images of Cristo del Amor and Señor de Pasión.

The current building is the work of the architect Leonardo de Figueroa and was raised between 1674 and 1712. This is the biggest church in the city after the cathedral.

CITY HALL

 

The city hall building has two main façades, one of them facing Plaza Nueva and the other one Plaza de San Francisco. Its construction began on the 15th century under the direction of Diego de Riaño, who was responsible for the Plateresque style of the first part of the building. This wing is the one facing the Avenida de la Constitución and some part of the Plaza de San Francisco –a place where an old arch which gave access to San Francisco convent can be found. In the 16th century the rest of the building was completed in Neoclassical style.